Thursday, January 27, 2011

18 Months...

WOW!  We have survived 18 months with twins.  The funny part is, is that they are now actually closer to 19...but who is counting.  We just went to the doctor last week and have some updated stats....

Hallie
19 lbs 8 oz - 3%ile
31 inches

Remie 
20 lbs 0 oz. - 5%ile
30 3/4 inches

They are almost the exact same....Remie has 1/2 lb on Hallie, but that is it.  I went back and looked at their 1 year stats, and we have gained 3 lbs. and stayed within 1/2 inch of each other.  Too crazy.  

They are so much fun to watch.  They kind of have a "love/hate" relationship going on.  They either get along really well, or fight like cats and dogs.  Every morning they come into the bathroom and "help" me get ready.  One will usually sit on the toilet while the other sits on a stool.  This is great until the one on the stool wants to sit on the toilet.   She will literally pull the other off the toilet and onto the floor, and it doesn't matter which one is sitting on the toilet....they both do it.  Little Stinkers.  They also love their big sisters.  Rylie, especially, loves to play with them and get them giggling.  It is fun to watch.  They are both very active and love to climb up and down on ALL of the chairs in our house....right now I think their favorite word is "up".  They are actually starting to prefer to stand on a chair at the table verses sitting in their high chairs to eat.  Maybe that means we can get rid of the high chairs and make some more room in the kitchen.....wishful thinking, I know!  They are starting to talk more.  Remie has always been the talker, and continues to talk and imitate more.  Hallie is catching up by picking up more, and more words.  I tend to still worry about them with their language....I guess that is one of the perks with my line of work.  Some of their favorite words include: up, NO, Rylie, ball, dog, Honey, mom, dad, hi, bye, Remie also says "Hallie."  They are such a joy to have in our home.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh I love having twins! I wish we could get together sometime and talk! And I am dying to hold them! (HOW DO YOU TELL THEM APART!!!) I'm going to be in Utah actually next weekend! Where do you guys live?

Ryan and the Girls said...

We are in Millville. I will be in Idaho on Saturday, but will be here other then that. Let me know.