Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hallie and Remie turn 2!

Hallie and Remie got to celebrate their real birthday, at Grandma Joy's. I certainly hope they don't expect a 4-day party every year!

They are so much fun, and have such great personalities.  Each one so unique in their own individual way....yet they are so alike.  Hallie is "Little Miss Personality."  She is always pulling the funny faces and being silly.  She just makes me giggle!  Remie is the concerned one, and always watching out for Hallie.  She also loves her baby doll, and it has to be the "right" baby too, not just any doll will do!  Sometimes it is quite a pain, but so fun to see her caring side.  They also have a love/hate relationship.  They are either loving each other or fighting with each other.  No, really, they will take each other down!
They are both talking so much more now.  It is fun to hear all of their new words.  Each day they are saying more and more.  Just this morning, they were saying "doughnut."  Our babysitter said, "Now that is a good word to know," and I would have to agree!  They are both saying 2-3 word phrases, which is awesome, and exactly where they should be for their language.  
A funny story:  They got pillow pets for their birthday, one of them is a frog.  Well they can't say "frog" very well.  The "r" comes out like a "u," and the "g" comes out like a "k."  I'll let you spell it out, but they will go around the house yelling "frog."  It is innocent, but it makes us giggle!  Fortunately, the big girls don't understand why it is so funny!

Here are their 2 year old stats:
Hallie: 23.2 lbs (15%ile, up from the 3rd) 33 inches (30%ile)
Remie: 24 lbs (20%ile, up from the 5th) 32 1/2 inches (20%ile)

They are still on the smaller side for their height and weight, but they are on the typical charts and being compared to other 2 year olds....which is wonderful to hear.

We have also been working on the toilet training thing....which isn't going very well, I have to admit.  I am not sure if they are just not ready yet, or if I just don't have the patience to sit in the bathroom all day.  I would guess it is the later.  I was so good with Rylie and Sydnie.  I had them both done by the time they were 2.  Not having so much luck this time!  Neither of them like to wear underwear, but on the good side, they will sit on the toilet.  They never do anything, while they are sitting on the toilet and will usually pee once they are off the toilet, whether they have a diaper on or not.  It is great!

Celebrating with my family.

Remie with Aunt Courtney ~ Stylin'

Hallie

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to....Hallie at the end of a busy day.




Playing with little laptops from Grandma Joy and Papa G.  They LOVE their computers....it's even more fun to hear them say computer.



 Happy Birthday Hallie and Remie!!

No comments: