Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Flu Bug!

So we are currently going through our first bout of the flu with the babies. And can I say that it is pure "hell." It started last Saturday night with the babies not sleeping well. Sunday was much of the same, however by that night Remie had a fever of 103.3. Hallie was also fevered but not as hot.

Monday we had off from work for President's Day (Thank goodness), so Ryan and I just sat, each one holding a baby. We couldn't put them down or even walk away for a brief moment without them crying. Thank goodness for Grandmas!!! Ryan's mom had the big girls with her, so all we had to worry about were the babies.

Tuesday, I stayed home with them and made a trip to the doctors. By this point we were doing the Motrin/Tylenol routine every 4 hours, in hopes of breaking fevers. Hallie has been doing better through this whole thing, but she is so conjested that everytime she coughs, she gags, and "projectile pucks" all over the place. The doctor said that we have the "para-flu," whatever that is. He said that we should be on the uphill side of things and the fevers should start to break. When we were at the doctors Remie had a fever of 100 and Hallie was 99. Yesterday, Remie continued to fever all day. Last night was much of the same. ALOT of rocking, holding, comforting, and trying to make everyone happy. Last night was probably the worst. Remie was so hot and would just cry. I kind of wonder if she also has a sore throat. What do I know....I am not the doctor. The doctor didn't give us anything to help, we are just basically letting things run their course.

Ryan stayed home today, Remie is still having fevers. I called the doctor back and the nurse said to increase the amounts of Tylenol/Mortin....and GOOD LUCK! I hope tonight goes better and we don't have a repeat of last night. I think I may just lose it for real!!!!

I am seriously thinking about creating some baby ambien...or better yet, I may just take one myself, and call it a night! :)

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I am so sorry it is happening! But you are an experiences mommy, and a good one. I wish you luck..and goodnight. :)

Erin said...

Trust me you know more than the doctors! Just ask Colby. Good luck. I hate the flu.

The Fawcett Family said...

Oh no! It's SO hard when you have more then one child sick at a time. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully they are feeling better now.