Sydnie was able to go on her first "official" hunting trip this morning. I was afraid I didn't have anything to show for it, but Ryan pulled through for me and was able to bring home some pictures of her. They went turkey hunting, and Sydnie couldn't have been more excited.
It started on Thursday. Our babysitter was going out of town, so Ryan stayed home with the kids. He ended up taking the twins and Sydnie to Cabelas. (Yes, he took the babies, by himself, shopping.) Sydnie came home with a new camo jacket and shirt, to go with the pants she had got for Christmas.
Last night she was able to get her clothes out and sent them down stairs, (like Ryan does, so he doesn't wake anyone up.) She was so excited. I had kept telling her that dad was going to be getting really early...5 am...so she needed to go to sleep. She told Ryan earlier, that if she saw a deer, she was going to shoot it. Ryan had to explain that they were not going to shoot a deer, just a turkey.
They went with a friend of Ryan's, but didn't see anything. So they will have to try again...I am not sure Sydnie is as excited about it now. She came home with a pretty good head ache. I don't know if it is from her falling off her bike the day before or if it is from having to get up so early. She says it is because she got up so early! What a trooper!
I was talking with Ryan's friend Cole this morning at a Soccer game and he was very impressed with her. He said, they had stopped at Maverick this morning to get breakfast and out of the truck climbs this little 4 year old girl all decked out in camo...He said it was priceless! Ryan will have to take her again, maybe during duck season, where she may see a little more action and not have to hike as much.
Cross Timber ~ Review
5 years ago

1 comment:
THats pretty darn cute. SHe looked cute in her new gear and looked like she was in heaven.... Glad she was able to venture out with her dad. What great memories for her.
Post a Comment