Saturday, November 13, 2010

Part 2 of "Grateful for a Handy Husband"

 Well we will be starting week number 4 of roof repair on Monday.  What a Pain!!  Although, I have to admit, it really hasn't been my pain....more so Ryan's pain!  Ryan had a roofer come by on Tuesday and help him replace shingles and put up some paper on the outside wall.  I am sure they did a lot more stuff, but I was gone when it was all happening, so I am really not sure what they did.  Apparently our house has NO wrap around it....we discovered that as Ryan tore off the siding.  Siding and plywood, that is it! But after some research, I guess it wasn't mandated when the house was built....SERIOUSLY!!  It is now, for new homes being built.

So anyway....I was going to get some pictures of Ryan tearing the siding off, but he had most of it down before I got home, and then finished while I was still at school.  So I have after shots, of what "Should have been done" when the house was built.  The darker shingles are not wet, they are the new ones.  And the black paper along the upper wall is all new.



  Ryan is now working on getting some new siding to replace the ones he took off.  But the funny part is, it the original siding has been discontinued, so he is trying to find something close.  We still have the hole on the inside, right behind the front door.  Ryan is waiting to make sure the leak is completely fixed before he starts to repair the inside.

No comments: