We just got back from a family vacation to Disneyland. What a week!!! On Friday, June 1st, the girls and I got done with school, on the 2nd, Rylie and Sydnie had their Spring Dance Revue, and then on Sunday, June 3rd at 4:57 AM, we all got in the car and headed for California. We drove down with Kristin, Jeff, Alexa, Avery, and Jaxson, and my mom and dad. Courtney and Nate flew down and met us in Anaheim later on Sunday. (They actually beat us there). 7 kids + 8 adults = 15 total people. We decided to save time and money, that it would be easier to drive the whole way in one day, spend 3 days at Disneyland, and then take 2 days to come home. The drive there was much easier then I was expecting. We had 3 cars, which made it so we could split up the kids, and LOTS of movies.....I think that was the biggest blessing!! Once we got to Anaheim, we stayed right across the street, so we could come and go as we needed....just in case the grown-ups needed naps!! The kids were very excited!
This is a picture overload....beware!! This is the only way I journal, so I have to put everything in!
1st night in Anaheim....at the pool. The pool was nice, the weather not so nice. It was overcast and windy, but they didn't seem to mind. They jumped right in!
The next morning we got up bright and early and headed for Disneyland....along with most of California! We were hoping that California would not be out of school yet, but apparently, it was the last two days that annual pass holders could use their passes, so they were making the most out of it. Plus, there were A LOT of Seniors there on their senior trips. Rumor has it, that the day after we left, it was great! Go figure!
My parents with all of the grand kids.....expect for one, KaCey. They couldn't make the trip with us. I have also put in a few pictures of this, just to show how hard it is to take a picture with small children. It is actually quite humorous!
We got on the train that goes around the park....thinking it would be an easy one for the little kids.....oh, I forgot about the dinosaurs (monsters) at the end. Silly me.
Remie before the train even left.....it is going to be a great day!
Hallie not quite sure either.
With trips like this, there is SO much for the grown-ups to do, but I think it is so much more rewarding to see the excitement on the little ones faces when they see on of the characters. At the beginning the twins, were not sure what to make of the characters, but as we went along they got more comfortable. Now, when I talk to them about Disneyland, they both talk about the characters that they saw, in great detail.
Most of California....Main Street Disneyland
If you notice, Hallie and Remie are still sad, this is just the beginning too.
Riding their first official ride, that we waited in line for 45 minutes for....Peter Pan.
Remie with Papa G
1st trip to the Teacups....yes we had to ride it twice. It was the twins FAVORITE. In fact, they were crying on the way home, saying that they didn't want to go home, they wanted to ride the Teacups.
More Characters
Hallie and Remie crack me up...they are still not quite sure.
This was trying to convince Sydnie that Splash Mountain is FUN! She didn't believe me. The rule was, they had to ride everything. If they didn't like it, I wouldn't make them ride it again. She didn't ride it again. However, I couldn't keep Rylie off of it!
If you can't tell, Sydnie is between Ryan and I. Side note....this is where Ryan loses his favorite USU hat.
Grandpa, Grandma, Jeff, Kristin, Alexa, & Rylie again.
I think this is one of my favorites! This is Rem.....she is getting braver every time we stop to see a character.
Hallie - Jungle Ride
Getting ready to ride the canoes at Disneyland. I have to admit, I've never actually riden on the canoes before. But I have to say, it was probably one of the funniest! I almost peed a little laughing so hard! The drivers were making fun of Nate....it was very funny!!!
Sydnie getting ready to ride "Indiana Jones" She had been telling us the whole time that she didn't want to ride it, but when she found out she got to drive the jeep, she was all smiles.
Waiting outside of Space Mountain. The twins & Jaxson loved the water ball.
Mikey's Toontown
Hallie & Remie crying in the back
2nd Trip to the Teacups
Disney's California Adventure
Tower of Terror
We are on the 2nd row, with Jeff,Courtney and Nate on the front, right side.
Ryan, Rylie (not so excited) Me, Kristin,looking at Alexa, Alexa looking Kristin, Papa G, and Sydnie (who is also not very excited)
That is such an awesome ride!
Bugs Life
Hallie
Remie
We drove through 4 states to see Sleeping Beauty.....we didn't have too. We have 2 of our own!
A look into our future....Hallie driving...AHHHH!
Remie and Mom
Screamin'
Hallie & Remie
All Tuckered Out! The End of a long 3 days!
Huntington Beach, June 7th, 2012
Hallie
Going back to the car to change clothes....we are soaked!
On the way home, we drove from Hunington Beach to St. George. Before we left for home on the 2nd day, we drove past the temple.
St. George Temple
Remie and Hallie sitting on the steps of the temple
Remie...stopping to smell the flowers.

No comments:
Post a Comment