Every year we get together with Ryan's mom's side of the family, in Ogden, where we get to see Santa and tell him what we want for Christmas. The twins were not fond of Santa at all!
6/11/12 Remie came running into the house after playing outside on the swing set. "Mom! There is a bee out there." I said, "tell dad when he gets home and he will spray it. " "Just come squish it!" she said.
10/26/11 Sydnie some really funny things while I am doing her hair in the mornings. This morning was no exception. I noticed that she had her socks on from yesterday. I told her that she needed to go and change her socks. She said, "But mom, I just put them on yesterday." Hum, ya, that would be the point! Silly girl!
8/22/10 While doing Sydnie's hair this morning, she said, "Mom, I don't want to walk to church today. Seriously! There are a lot of hills!" I had to chuckle. There are a lot of hills.
8/9/10 I had to take the car in to get a new windshield, and Sydnie wanted to go with me. Once I dropped the car off, we walked home. On the way she said, "Mom, what if we could run all the way to Jackson Hole. That would be really good exercise." I had to chuckle...indeed it would! Too bad, I won't be running to Jackson Hole anytime soon, cause I could use some really good exercise.
6/29/10 So Rylie came up with a good one this time....I found the old "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" on TV the other night. So I made the big girls come and watch it with me. (We have the new one with Johnny Depp, so I wanted them to see where it had come from.) So as we are watching it, Rylie says...."Mom, did you watch this when you were a kid?" "Yes," I said. "Oh," she says, "that's way it's...a....a....yeah." I said, "yeah, what?" "Yeah....old," she said. In my defense, it was made before I was born. So yes, it can be old!
5/6/10 I have the cutest kids....on the way to work this morning, there was an ad for Mother's Day on the radio. Sydnie said, "Mom, is Mother's Day on Sunday?" "Yip," I said. She said, very sad, "I don't know what to get." Once we got to work she was in my classroom before her class. When I got in there she was very busily making me a Mother's Day picture to hang on my wall. It is beautiful!
4/10/10 The girls got new dresses for Easter. Sydnie said this morning..."Mom is it church day tomorrow." I told her it was. She then said, "I am going to wear my purple dress with the polka dots, my new shoes, and my hair curly. I think I will like that."
3/20/10 So Sydnie and I were driving to school on Wednesday morning and there was a Taylor Swift song on the radio. Who Sydnie absolutely loves! Syd was just a singing away. When the song was over she said. "Oh, she did such a good job. She is going to win the contest." I had to laugh!
12/19/09 This morning Rylie got up and came into my bedroom. Ryan had already gotten up and had gone downstairs. Rylie came in a said..."So I bet Dad went fishing?" Nope, I said, guess again. "Hunting?" No, guess again. "4-wheeling? Nope, guess again. "Where did he go?" I told her that he was just down stairs. Do you think he has too many hobbies?
11/15/09 So we just got back from a Ducks Unlimited Banquet last night and Ryan made out with some pretty good stuff. We were talking about the guns he won and how one of them had a scope. Sydnie was messing around in the living room where we were sitting, over hearing what was being said and she said, "I want a pink gun....with a scope." I said, "You don't even know what a scope is." "Yea, you look through it." (As she is pretending to hold and shoot a gun.) Oh, my goodness. I think Ryan is going to have some serious competition when she gets a little older!
10/6/09 Again, it is Sydnie that comes up with some funny ones. Today after she was done with preschool, one of her teachers Miss Mindee, came up to me and told me what Sydnie had said to her. Sydnie was wearing a shirt today that my mom had given her. It says "Here Comes Trouble." Sydnie went to Mindee and said, "Read my shirt....but it is not true!"
8/27/09 Sydnie, Sydnie, Sydnie...she makes me laugh!
I was up in my room getting ready for the day and Sydnie was downstairs babysitting for me. When I came out she had obviously been into the OREO cookies. It was all over her face. I asked her, "Who has been in the cookies." Her response, "Rylie comed home from school and got them." I said, "Then why are they all over YOUR face?" "She shared with me."
This morning she also told me that when she grows up she wants to be a cheerleader in a parade. If only it were so easy!
7/13/09 I have to hand it to Sydnie...she comes up with some good ones. It has been a little over a week since I had the twins. This morning while I was doing her and Rylie's hair she said, "Mom, your butt is not big anymore." I wasn't quite sure what to say.
6/20/09 So, the girls are going on a two week camping trip with my parents. They have been very excited for a few weeks now, asking all of the time...."when do we get to go camping?" I took them up to Idaho today and they will be leaving tomorrow with my mom and dad. This morning Sydnie gets up and comes down stairs and the first thing she said to me was...."Are we going camping today?" Not, "Hey Mom" or "What's for breakfast?" We then went on to talk about their trip and I asked her if she was going to miss me. She said, "A little...not a lot." They will have a great time!
2/19/09 Okay, so the girls have known for 2 whole days that we are going to have twins. I have been talking to them about how mom's belly is going to get very big. So Sydnie comes into the bathroom this morning and said, "Mom, look at your belly. It is almost getting big."
12/30/08 As we were driving past the temple tonight, Rylie asked why it had so many windows. Sydnie said "So Jesus can see."
12/25/08 As the girls have been telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas, Ryan would try to get them to tell Santa "what he wanted for Christmas." He wanted them to tell Santa that he wanted another four-wheeler. On Christmas morning, as we were driving through town on our way to Soda, Ryan spotted a four-wheeler in the back of a truck next to us. Ryan said, "Look! There's my four-wheeler." Sydnie said without missing a beat, "Santa took it to the wrong house."
12/23/08 There are a lot of mornings that Ryan gets up and will go hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, or even to work, long before the girls get out of bed. This morning was no exception. Sydnie had gotten up and had gone into the kitchen and was standing with the fridge open (trying to find a drink) when it hit her that he was gone. She said "Mom, where's dad?" I said, "He went hunting." She shut the fridge and looked so seriously and said..."Without Me?!?" She has a pair of camo pants that she usually wears camping. We call them her hunting pants. She gets very upset when he doesn't take her, so that she can wear her hunting pants.
12/16/08 As Sydnie was getting ready for dancing tonight, she was toting around her dancing bag like a purse over her shoulder. She tapped it and said "Mom, I have my favorite breakfast." (Meaning her favorite breakfast was in her bag.) I then asked her what her favorite breakfast was and she said "A candycane!" As she showed me a candy cane that she had stashed in her bag. I promise we do eat more for breakfast then just candycanes!
No comments:
Post a Comment