Friday, December 11, 2009

First Band




I got my first band. Kim thinks I'm a dork for being so excited about something so dumb. Well if you know anything about waterfowl hunting it is not an everyday thing when you shoot a bird with a band on it. What it is when a bird is young or when it get captured the biologist put a band on the birds leg so when someone finds the band they can track the movements of the bird. The band has a identification number on it so anyone can call and give them the information. I sent mine in and the bird was banded when it was young back in 2007 somewhere in the salt lake area. So my bird didn't travel far. Never the less it is some bling to add to my lanyard. Again something Kim thinks is crazy.



Riggs



About the hunt. Kyle received some permission to hunt on some land. I invited my neighbors Jason and Cole to come along to see if we could find us some birds.
It was a very cold morning but the river was free of ice in parts. As we were setting up in the morning we scared a hundred or more geese off the water. Things were looking good. As the morning went on ducks were flying in here and there. The geese came in and a couple of different times. It was a great morning. We cant wait to get out again

No comments: