Sydnie started her first day of Kindergarten on September 2nd. She drove me nuts all summer long...."Mom, when do I go to school? Mom, when do I go to school?" She was bummed when Rylie got to start first. So when the day finally arrived she was very excited. She is in Miss Jones' PM Class. We love Miss Jones. She was Rylie's teacher as well. Sydnie also has a lot of friends in her class....poor Miss Jones. I hope they don't get in trouble for talking.
Hallie and Remie trying to get in on the action. It is going to be a couple more years before they get to go to school...not that I am counting or anything.
On our way to school, Sydnie said that it was her luckiest day. She said, "I got to go to McDonald's for lunch, I get to go to school, and I get to go camping." (We left for a camping trip right after school.) When we got to her class, I helped her find her chair and get started on her coloring. I went to leave, and her eyes began to well up with tears. I felt bad, I think she was a little overwhelmed by everything. Miss Jones came over to help her and I slipped out, knowing that I would only make the problem worse if I stayed. Yesterday, Sydnie told Ryan that she hadn't cried anymore at school. I think she is liking it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment