Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1st Camping Trip of the Season

We just got back from our 1st camping trip of the season, which I have to admit was a complete  bust!  However, we have bought a new toy that made it a little more enjoyable......



 We have actually been looking at trailers for a little while now, and Ryan told me that if I waited another year (keep in mind this was in January), that I could buy a brand new one.  We had been looking at used trailers, and so I was up for waiting.  However, one night after school Ryan called me to say he had found a trailer and I needed to come and look.....long story short...I now have it sitting in my driveway.  I won't go into the details of why, exactly, I have it now, and not a year from now, that will soon be coming I'm sure.  Ryan just said it was "Part of his Master Plan."  Needless to say, I am very excited to have more space to put everyone.

Now with all of the that being said, if you haven't noticed all of the gray/black clouds behind the trailer.....well that is what it did most of the camping trip.  We have, once again, lived up to the neighborhood joke, of "if you want it to rain....send the Barfuss' camping."  The funny part is, is that it actually snowed at home, and not on us!  So I guess the joke was on them. :)

Once we got settled, we celebrated Sydnie's birthday with Ryan's family.  She was a little disappointed, because we were never able to have cake and ice cream, due to the weather.  Ryan had told her that he would make her a "brownie cake" while we were camping, in the dutch ovens.  But right after she was done opening presents, it started to rain, and never really quit.  And once it did quit, it was a muddy, mucky mess.







 

  I will spare you the rest of the gorey details of the trip....lots of sick kids, and I will just leave it at that.  But, it will be really nice when we can get back out and try it again.

No comments: