Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moab 2009

So for everyone that has already seen my sister's blog...sorry, there will probably be a lot of the same pictures. We went to Moab with my parents and my sister and her family over Conference/UEA weekend. It is always a lot of fun to get away...however, I have decided that riding in the car with two infants and two fighting children in the backseat...not so much fun!

Twins getting ready for bed after arriving in Moab on Friday night. They did pretty good until the last hour of the trip. They had enough of their car seats.


We spent most of Saturday in Arch's National Park. This is Alexa, Rylie, Avery, and Sydnie posing before our very long, mile and a half hike to Delicate Arch.


Stopping for a moment to take a breather and looking back at the parking lot....way in the back!!


Alexa, Rylie, Sydnie, Avery, and Uncle Jeff


Delicate Arch


My sister Kristin and her family.


My Parents


With all of the grand-daughters.


Hallie was exhausted from her long hike....I don't know why she was so tired, she slept all the way there.




The girls posing before we went to the Sand Dune Arch.




I thought this was pretty funny. It looks just like Jeff!


Rylie at the Double Arch


Rylie and Alexa


Sydnie tring to be strong.


I think they were trying to show how bad the wind was later in the afternoon.


Jeff is such a crack-up. When I first saw it, I wasn't quite sure if he was trying to use the restroom or keep the rock from falling over. If you can see the people in the background they are laughing at him. I am sure it was sight, watching Ryan and Jeff trying to get the right angle for the picture.


This is at "Park Avenue" It was beautiful. It looks just like a picture.




We had to bribe the girls on the hike earlier that day, that they could go swimming if they were good. This is Sydnie and Avery in the pool. I guess Syd tried to drown twice. My goodness, who was watching her?


We spent part of Sunday in the Canyonlands National Park and at Dead Horse Point State Park. This is a picture of Dead Horse Point. We weren't able to get many pictures on Sunday, because after that our camera decided to quit working. You gotta love technology!




Southern Utah is so beautiful. It is amazing how the state is so diverse in landscape and how you can start in freezing cold weather and drive 5 hours and be much warmer weather. It is like you can go from one extreme to the other in one day! What a fun trip!

1 comment:

Jeff and Kristin said...

I need to apologize for my husband's radical behavior! He definitely keeps things interesting!