Monday, March 16, 2009

No Need to Change the Blog Title

Ryan and I went to see the specialist down at McKay Dee Hospital today. They were able to officially say that both babies are identical GIRLS!! Ryan is still trying to cope with the news.

Everything looks good. They looked at everything on both babies...the heart, brain, belly, kidneys, legs, arms, upper lip (looking for cleft lip) etc. The babies are also measuring a day apart...which was good to hear. The doctor wasn't too concerned, however, we still have a higher chance of having "twin-twin transfusion" because of only one placenta. There are no signs of it at this point, but he wants us to see our regular doctor every 2 weeks until we get to be 26 weeks. Then I guess we are suppose to be out of the scary stage of the transfusion happening. They were both breech this time, sitting with their heads facing each other, up by my belly button. Their legs and arms were a tangled mess (okay their legs really aren't tangled, but that is what it looked like on the ultrasound.) This is all so crazy!! I have added a couple of pictures. We didn't get a lot of great ones, but they are still fun to see.

They have labeled each picture off to the left. This is Twin B's hand.


This is Twin A showing that she is girl. (You may have to take my word for it...I told you they weren't great pictures.) At the bottom of the black spot is one of her legs and her bum is off to the right. Her other leg is at the top of the black spot.


We are looking for girl names...something that ends in "ie" to go with Rylie and Sydnie. So if you have any great ideas let us know!! Rylie and Sydnie are still voting for Gaby and Abby.

9 comments:

Josi said...

So exciting! Girls are fun. Ryan will be ok. If your girls are anything like ours, they are all daddy's girls anyway. Before we had Bayley, we were trying to decide on a "ee" ending sound name. Although all our girls names end in y. Anyway, some of the ideas we had were Lexie, Gracie, Pheobe, Haley so that gives you a few ideas. Congrats!

Julienne said...

poor Ryan what is he going to do with him self. I thought for sure you would at least get one boy out of four tries. Well I guess you will have to try one more time! That's exciting, congrats.

Joel's Family said...

Congrats! That is great news that all is well so far. I hope you are feeling well. Crazy to think IDENTICAL... So exciting I bet your girls are getting pretty excited.. CONGRATS once again...

Morgan said...

Girls are great. Especially if they are twins- they do well in the NICU. I am happy for you, but totally understand that time is running our for the Barfuss name to be passed on. How fun. Let me know if you have questions! Cool that the doc could tell they were indentical already! Yeah! Hope those babies keep bein good! Just take it easy and know your limits!

Jeff and Kristin said...

I am so excited to see my new nieces. I like the names Baylie, Haylie, Harlie, Karlie, Maddie, Kristin, etc. etc. You know that I could on and on. Whatever their names are, they are so lucky to be a part of our family.

robin said...

I guess the Ryan Barfuss Family will end up being larger the 6. You lucky kids get to keep trying!!! I can't wait until they are here to snuggle

robin said...

love the name Hadley.

Susanna said...

Awww, I know you were looking forward to boys- but two little girls will be so fun..... and a lot easier too! Obviously I love the name Phebe- but some other names that I like are Ruby, Josie, and Penelope. Congrats, I am so excited for you!

The Ball Family said...

Congratulations. I am really glad everything is going well. I imagine that Ryan is so cute with your girls and will be just as great with two more.