
This one I had to put in just because I don't think Ryan's luck has not changed at all since he has started having kids. His sisters will probably hate me for it, but it made me chuckle when I saw it. He will always be surrounded by girls!!

Ryan loves sports...he is a huge fan of the Denver Broncos. He was able to go on a trip with some of his buddies from high school to see a Broncos game before we were married, but I couldn't find any of the pictures. His second favorite is the Angel's baseball team.


Ryan enjoys scouting. He is an Eagle Scout and is now working with the 11 year old scouts in our Ward. I think he would enjoy just a little more if he had his own son in scouts. But hey, Rylie and Sydnie could always sell Girl Scout cookies!!

This was him and his cousin John during their freshman year at USU. (It is probably the most embarassing one I could find. How sad!!)

Ryan served a mission in Mendoza, Argentina. This is him standing in front of the Temple in Buenos Aires.

Ryan has started a new hobby within the last couple of years. We bought a 4-wheeler and he is on it any chance he gets. There a small group of guys from our ward that get together very early in the morning to ride up the canyons behind our house. In fact they left his morning at 6:00 am so they could be back for work. That is just nuts if you ask me! Although, it is quite entertaining to listen to this group when they get talking about their next 4-wheeling trip. It is almost like kids in a candy store. Last year he was able to ride with a few guys on an over night trip. They left Beaver Mountain and rode over to Soda Springs, Idaho on their machines. They were able to see the Montpelier area as well. I am surprised they don't have a mascot yet!!

This is him and Sydnie on the 4-wheeler. She loves to go with him, any chance she gets!!
Ryan also loves to go camping. This was us going last year. We bought a trailer 6 years ago and try to go as often as we can. Generally the trips include a lake or some where he can ride the 4-wheeler.
Ryan's greatest hobby is fishing!! As you can see his desire to fish started at an early age. If he is not on the 4-wheeler, and has a spare Saturday, chances are he has gone fishing. He has also picked up ice fishing in the last couple of years! And again, he will leave as early as he can. He often goes with his dad and grandpa!

He has tried to get the girls to fish with him. Rylie isn't into as much, but Sydnie LOVES it. In fact she wants a Barbie fishing pole. Ryan keeps saying No. Maybe she will be able to talk him into one someday.


This is Rylie and Ryan. She is 3 years old in this picture.
Ice fishing

We were able to go to Alaska the first year we were married. Ryan caught this salmon and 2 halibut.

One night after we were first married, Ryan came home and said "I want to carve a fish." Truthfully I thought he was nuts but went along with it. This is the last project he has created. He doesn't get to work on this hobby as much as he would like. He really doesn't have a great place to do it. (Maybe when he gets the "man-shed" built out back.) He does really great work. He won a sweepstakes award at the Box Elder County Fair when he first started to do it. He has three rainbow trouts and one brown trout done. He has even sold one. The latest is this project below, which is now on my wall at home. People often comment on how real they look. I know I doubted his talent at first, but I am very proud of what he is able to do!
He also loves to hunt.....anything. This last year he has picked up goose/duck hunting.


Ryan loves to be in the outdoors. Our neighbors often joke about how he can't sit down and how he has to be tinkering with something. I do have to admit that the winter months drive him crazy. But I am very greatful for all of his many talents and hobbies. He is so handy around the house and yard. And if anyone every needs anything he is there, and is generally able to fix whatever they need. He has done most of our yard and finished all but one room in our house without having to hire it out. I am very greatful for that!! I threw in a picture of the fence he finished a couple of years ago. He then went on to help the neighbor out with his fence and yard.
Happy Birthday Ryan!! We love you!!
Love, Kim, Rylie, & Sydnie

5 comments:
You described Ryan perfectly! Those are some pretty HOT plaid pants. Some of his younger pictures remind me of Rylie. Crazy! Happy Birthday, Ryan!
Happy Birthday Ryan!!!!
I LOVE blackmail material!! Hee hee. Happy Birthday a day late Ryan!
I look at this and it confirms that I do have it pretty good. I'm very grateful for an understanding wife that lets me do so many fun thing. Thanks for the Birthday Wishes.
Ryan
That's some great pictures!
Happy Birthday Ryan!
Post a Comment