Friday, May 1, 2009

Updates!

We were back at the doctors this week. We went on Monday...but it has been one of those weeks. So I apologize for how long it has taken to get things updated. The babies are looking very good. They both were weighing around 1 pound 7 ounces. The doctor said they are "neck and neck with each other." So we are kind of out of the woods for the "twin-twin transfusion" to happen. The doctor said that it could still happen, but the babies would be further along and so the effects wouldn't be as dramatic.

Baby B is still breech...so keep sending prayers our way that she will eventually turn. We do not want to have a C-section. The ultrasound tech said that the babies can still turn, right up to the last week. So we have a little time. The tech also said that the ultrasounds will g
et harder and harder to see, or to tell what things are, the bigger the babies get. So again the pictures are not great and I hope you can tell what things are. We don't have to go back for another ultrasound with the tech until the end of May. We are done with the "every 2 week ultrasound" schedule. Yeah! It was getting hard to try and schedule two different doctors back-to-back and also after school, so I didn't have to take any more work off. We still have to go back to my regular doctor every two weeks, and he will still do an ultrasound, himself. (Which means I probably won't have as many pictures) So as of today, my next appointment is scheduled for May 13th.


As I stated before Baby B is breech and so they are sitting head to butt. This picture is of Baby B. She is on the left. You can see her head and a little bit of her nose. Her left arm is coming up and over her nose...maybe that is because Baby A's butt is sitting on her head. Baby A is the one on the top right. That is her bum and one of her legs that go off the side of the picture.



This is a profile of Baby A's face. There really isn't a hole in her head. And hopefully her nose really doesn't look like that. She kind of looks like a "Who from Whoville."




I think this was my favorite to see. It really goes to show how tight things are in there. This is a picture of Baby A in the background with Baby B's leg coming right up to Baby A's head. So it is Baby A's arm and Baby B's leg. It is so amazing how they are grow and develop with so little room. I hope they don't come out hating each other!!


I have been asked a lot lately if we have names picked out yet. No, we haven't agreed on anything yet. I will come up with one that Ryan doesn't like and then he will come up with one that I don't like. It is so hard and then knowing that once we get the first names we still have to come up with middle names. At this rate maybe they will just be Baby A and Baby B.

5 comments:

robin said...

so glad all is going well.

Joel's Family said...

Glad that things are going well for you. Sounds like the babies are growing and doing well. Just what we want right? I love seeing the pictures it is truly amazing, and what miracles they are. Hope all continues to go well.

Lyndsey said...

i am still in shock that you are having twins. are you going to keep working?

Ryan and the Girls said...

The plan is to keep working after I talk 12 weeks off. That is if all goes well and they are okay.

Susanna said...

Baby A and Baby B will only work for a few years....I think they might resent you in high school when people are still calling them baby...hee, hee!
As for one of them being breech...Luke turned non-stop the whole time. He was ready to go the day before I delivered and then over night he turned breech....even when they are sqished like crazy- they can still turn. Luckily when Liam came out...Luke dropped head first and came right out.
Hang in there- you're doing awesome!