Thursday, May 28, 2009

More Baby Updates!

We were at the doctor's again today. I am currently 29 weeks. We had an ultrasound done with the tech and were able to get two more pictures. Both babies are head down!!! YEAH!! However, there is still a lot of room for them to flip. They are both measuring 2lbs. 13 ounces. Let's put this into perspective...both babies are 3 ounces from being 3lbs. That is almost 6 lbs of baby. When Rylie was born she was 6lbs. 14 ounces. When Sydnie was born she was 7lbs 2ounces. I still have 2 more months....I am in BIG TROUBLE!! No really I am very grateful that they are both growing so well, just a little worried what the next two months might have in store. The doctor said that he was a lot more comfortable if the "twin-twin transfusion" were to happen now. He said it could still happen, but there would be a lot less to worry about if it did happen.

I go back to the doctor in two weeks and then we will start doing the "non-stress tests." My understanding is that the "non-stress tests" are fairly common with twins. I will most likely be going to the hospital twice a week to have the nurses there monitor the babies. The tests will start when I am 32 weeks. It will be a good thing that I am done with school by then!!

Both pictures are of their two heads together.



4 comments:

katie said...

Whoo who!!! i am so excited for you. I know you have been worried about the whole head down thing. yep, just think, eight or nine more weeks you'll be holding the little babes!!!

McKenzie Johnson said...

That's great news! Hang in there!

Morgan said...

I am glad that the twins heads are down...hopefully they stay. Mine moved, and wa-la C-SECTION! So, I really really hope they stay down! And yes, you have to have non-stress tests, and they are no big deal. Glad you are well! And prepare for stretching...I looked like a torpedo! I can't wait to hear how it keeps going!

Morgan said...

Oh, my only advice at this point would be to educate yourself on c-sections. I had a normal appointment/ultrasound, and 5 hours later I delivered the twins by c-section, and was really traumatized that I wasn't more aware of it. So I would just learn what you can, just in case! Good luck!