Friday, August 21, 2009

2nd Day of 1st Grade!

Okay, so I am the slacker mom who didn't take pictures of Rylie on her 1st day of 1st Grade...hey we were just lucky to get all of us out the door and on time to school!

No...Ryan had left for work and I was suppose to walk Rylie to school. I got the twins fed, in the stroller, Sydnie dressed, Rylie's hair done, and breakfast with 15 minutes to spare and a mile walk ahead of us...when we started down the drive way that was when I remembered that we had forgotten to take pictures. I asked Rylie if she wanted me to get the camera she didn't want me to...so I told her we would get them on her 2nd day...for sure!


This is Rylie and her friend walking home on their 1st day...I guess I did get a picture. There is a group of kids that will be either riding or walking together.


Sydnie waiting patiently for Rylie to come home. She sat on the couch for about 1/2 hour just watching for Rylie...I think she missed her a little. As soon as Sydnie saw them she ran outside.



Rylie's 2nd Day of 1st Grade


I have to admit that I have had very mixed emotions about school starting. Rylie has been very excited, but I have lost my little helper. She has been such a big help with the twins. She is able to feed and burb one of them while Sydnie, or myself is feeding the other. I didn't realize how much she has been helping me, until she was gone. Sydnie likes to start feeding one of them, but then gets board really fast and is done. However, she stepped up to the plate and has been my new big helper, since Rylie has been gone. I even talked Sydnie into watering the plants with me yesterday. Hopefully the novelty doesn't wear off too soon!

1 comment:

The Fawcett Family said...

I'm glad that your kids are being little helpers. I am sure you are such an amazing mom and that you're doing great being a mother of four! I'm always thinking of you. :)