For those that may not have floated down the Snake River, there are two parts, the upper and the lower. The upper is slow and clam...perfect for small children and grandparents who don't want to go down the lower. The lower section, is where all of the "big" boats and guided tours generally put in.
Getting ready to float the upper part with the babies. Rylie and Sydnie are pros at it, they've been doing it for years! This was my first trip down for the summer, Ryan, Rylie, and Sydnie had already been down once. This time...my mom and dad took a boat, Ryan and I were in another. Rylie and Sydnie wanted to go with Grandma.
Hallie
Remie
Rylie and Sydnie getting brave. Grandma would hold them over the side so they could dangle their feet in the water.
This is the big boys getting ready to try their luck at on the lower-half, on the 18th.
This is them going through "The Big Kahuna." It is fun to go and watch them come through it. You can sit there all day if you wanted, watching all of the boats go through. They actually have professional photographers sitting across the river taking pictures as the boats come through. There are some pretty great pictures on their website...the pictures are copyrighted of course, or I would have included those as well.
We went into Jackson, on the the 21st. We shopped around in town and then went out to see the "Bar J Wranglers." They are so much fun to watch. Before we went to dinner, we drove around a little to see if we could see any wild life. I think Ryan was really looking for antelope, in anticipation of his upcoming hunt. We didn't see any, however, we did see a cow moose with her baby and these buffalo.
Rylie looking at the Teton's. We were there the only day it was cloudy and raining. Everyone else wanted to stay in the truck.
In Jackson
At the "Bar J Chuckwagon"
The twins kind of had a hard time keep themselves entertained. They wanted to get down and move around, but everything was dirt. We discovered that suckers kept them entertained for quite a while, but they sure were sticky!
Rylie decided that she wanted to try the lower-half, and then Sydnie decided she wanted to as well. I was a little nervous about it, but they did great and were very brave. Ryan took pictures of us as we were getting ready to go. He had been down a few times before, so he stayed back with the babies, while I went with the big girls.
Rylie loved it, Sydnie had fun, but was very cold. So she didn't go again. Rylie on the other hand...I couldn't keep out of the boat. She went down 3 times. The next pictures are of Rylie and Papa G going down on Rylie's 3rd trip. She is right up in the front in the blue jacket, holding on for dear life, going through the "Big Kahuna."
They made it...with everyone in the boat!
There is a trail across the highway from our campground with a little bridge. It is tradition that we take the girls pictures on it.
Sydnie, Hallie, Rylie, & Remie

2 comments:
So fun, I miss going there with everyone.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I wish we could have gone!!! I can't believe that Rylie and Syndie went down the lower half that is awesome!!!
Post a Comment