Saturday, April 18, 2009

More Baby Updates

Here are more updates on the babies. We went to the doctor on Thursday the 16th for another ultrasound and doctor appointment. Rylie and Sydnie went with us this time. I don't think it was as exciting as they thought it would be. We were trying to point things out to them, but it just isn't they same as watching a regular TV.

The doctor says that they are doing great and the fluid around them looks good. (The fluid is what they are really watching for the transfusion stuff. No signs of it at this point. YEAH!!) Baby A is 1 pound 1 ounce and Baby B is 1 pound 3 ounces. One is head down and the other is still head up. I am really hoping the second flips, because I really don't want to have a C-section!! It was fun to watch. They were really moving around alot and the one kept kicking the other in the head. That is what Rylie and Sydnie remember the most. Every time you ask them about what they saw, they talk about how they were kicking each other. The ultrasound pictures are not great. Kathy (the one who does the ultrasounds) said it is going to get harder and harder to see the individual body parts, due to them getting bigger and having less room.


This is one of the babies feet amongst other body parts. There is one right in the middle of the picture and the other is at the bottom.



This is a picture of both of them. I tried to label the body parts so they were a little easier to see. I am not sure which baby is one top, but it's head is buried under it's arm and then it's back is at the top of the picture. The other baby is at the bottom, going the other way, with it's knee and leg touching the first babies arm. It's head is off the left side of the picture (so you can't see it) and it's back is at the bottom of the picture.



This one was fun to see. One was grabbing the others leg.


This is a profile of one. You can see the face and an arm.


This is one of the 3D images of one of their faces.


Our next appointment is scheduled for April 30th, but I had message from the doctor's yesterday that they need to reschedule. So I guess we will find out Monday when we go again.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I remember all this! ah! Mine just turned 1...crazy. I would hope that you wouldnt have a c-section either. Oh man....
So, what is this "transfusion" that you keep mentioning? I don't remember hearing anything about it. Good luck! Post a pic soon of how cute you are looking. :)

Joel's Family said...

That is so exciting to see them growing and doing well. I am glad that all is going well. I hope you are feeling well. I agree you do need to get a picture of how cute you are looking.....

Ryan and the Girls said...

Ryan keeps trying to get a picture of me, but I am avoiding the camera at all costs!!!