Friday, April 3, 2009

My Older Babies

I was tagged by my sister with this one and I thought that since the majority of our posts lately have been about the twins, this might be fun to talk about my other two girls


Firstborn

1. Where were you when you found out? I was at our Condo that we lived for only 7 months.
2. Who did you tell first? Ryan of course....he was waiting outside the bathroom door!
3. Did you find out the sex of the baby? Yes, a girl. As you can guess Ryan struggled with it at first and needed time to cope with the news. (Things haven't changed much!)
4. Did you have morning sickness? Yes, but I never threw up...I wanted to many times, but never did.
5. How much weight did you gain? 25 pounds
6. Did you get stretch marks? Yes, on my hips...ugh!
7. Did you have any cravings? Salads from Sizzler or the Coppermill (Maybe it was just an excuse to make Ryan take me out.)
8. Were there any complications? Yes, they found an Ovarian Cyst that had to be surgically removed when I was 20 weeks. We have a great picture of the cyst. It is lovely....4 inches in diameter.
9. When and where did you go into labor? I was at our new house at 4:30 in the morning. Ryan had just gone to work at the hospital at 4:00 am. How convenient...he was already there.
10. Did your water break? Yes
11. Who drove you to the hospital? I drove myself....Ryan was already there.
12. Who was int he room for the birth? Ryan, my mom, doctor and nurses
13. Was the baby born early or late? One week late
14. How long were you in labor for? 11 hours
15. Did you have any drugs for the pain? Yes, I had an epidural
16. Natural or C-section? Natural
17. What was your first reaction after the birth? I thought Holy Crap now what do I do!
18. How big was the baby? 6lbs. 14 oz.
19. Did the baby have any complications? Nope.
20. How old is the baby today? 6 years


Second Born

1. Where were you when you found out? At our house that we are currently living in
2. Who did you tell first? Ryan
3. Did you find out the sex of the baby? Yes, a girl. Ryan needed more time to deal with the news.
4. Did you have morning sickness? Yes, but I never threw up...I wanted to many times, but never did. I discovered that I save the throwing for the actual labor part. I push and throw up...push again and throw up!
5. How much weight did you gain? 32 pounds
6. Did you get stretch marks? Yes, more on my hips and butt!
7. Did you have any cravings? Pepsi on ice and Chocolate Marshmallow Ice cream
8. Were there any complications? No
9. When and where did you go into labor? I was asleep in bed, just like the first one, and my water broke just after midnight. All Ryan could say was "I just got to sleep."
10. Did your water break? Yes
11. Who drove you to the hospital? Ryan
12. Who was int he room for the birth? Ryan, my mom, doctor and nurses
13. Was the baby born early or late? One week early
14. How long were you in labor for? 8 hours
15. Did you have any drugs for the pain? Yes, I had an epidural
16. Natural or C-section? Natural
17. What was your first reaction after the birth? Oh, I hope I remember what do it!
18. How big was the baby? 7lbs. 2 oz.
19. Did the baby have any complications? Nope.
20. How old is the baby today?Almost 4 years


I tag Gena, Marci (so she will update her blog!), Lindsay, Susanna, Robin, & Cally

No comments: