I went in today for our 4th Non-Stress Test. I have been going twice a week for the last two weeks. The first test was a little scary, but since then we have gotten much faster and on Tuesday it only took 45 minutes. I was hoping that today wouldn't be any different.
We got the monitors on and found the babies heart beats really fast. They actually did great and they both pasted the test! However, during the first two hours that I was there...I was having contractions again. I had some last night which were about 20 minutes apart. But that has become the norm over the last couple of weeks. And generally I can get them stopped. Which was no different last night. However, the nurse this morning was a little nervous about the contractions I was having and called my doctor. I guess she tried three times and then discovered that my doctor couldn't be reached today and had to call the doctor on call. He then wanted a couple of tests done....the same tests that were done last Tuesday (last time the test came back negative). Today it came back positive. Generally the test is used to see if you will go into labor in the next two weeks. They obviously prefer them to come back negative, but there are a lot of false positives with the test. So if they come back positive there is generally about a 20% chance that you will actually go into labor in the next two weeks. So I guess we will have to wait and see what happens....hopefully we don't go into labor in the next two weeks, it is still very early. They also checked to see if I have started to dilate. The good news is, is that I have haven't. Hopefully that is a good sign! I was able to leave the hospital 4 hours later.
On a lighter note, Rylie and Sydnie have been camping with my mom and dad this week. We talked to them on Tuesday, but I also got to talk to Sydnie this morning. They are having a great time and have been very busy, playing in Jackson, WY, floating the Snake River, and playing with cousins. They will be gone for another week. I am glad they are having a good time!!
Cross Timber ~ Review
5 years ago

4 comments:
GOOD LUCK! I AM SURE YOU WILL BE FINE, AND I HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOOD! KEEP EM IN, AND LOVE EM WHEN THEY GET HERE! KEEP ME POSTED- MISSOURI ISNT TOO FAR WHEN YOU HAVE BLOGS!
HUGS
MORGAN
Just read your blogg.what along day. Just hang in there. Lets get them all done before they get here. JUAT TAKE IT EASY!Have Ryan wait on you. Love Mom Barfuss
Wow Kim what a crazy time, I hope everything will work out for ya. Good Luck!!!
Kim, I agree with Ryan's mom. Stay off your feet and let him wait on you. No Stress. Another 3 weeks would be great. If you need anything, call.
Gini
Post a Comment