Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We have a date!!

Ryan and I just got back from a doctor's appointment and we have a final date. We are shooting for July 29th, 2009. Today I am 34 weeks. All is going well, minus the regular perks of pregnancy! If we can make it to the 29th it would put me at 38 weeks and it would also be my Great-Grandma's Birthday. He will not let me go longer then that. So if I haven't gone by then, he will induce me on the 29th. He also said that they will continue to watch the babies very closely and if there is any need to take them sooner...he will. But it is nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel.

He also said that after 35 weeks they generally don't do any steroid shots to help with lungs and they wouldn't do anything to stop my contractions. He also said that they should be gaining about 1/4 lb. a week from here on out, so if we could get them over 5 lbs, we have a greater possibility of bringing them home with us from the hospital, instead of spending a lot of time in the NICU. (Which would be wonderful and a lot less expensive.) When we measured last week they were approximately 4.6 and 4.5 pounds. They are also still head down. YEAH! YEAH! Overall, it was a good doctor's appointment!

We are still going in twice a week to the hospital for the NSTs and once a week to the doctor. So I get to go back to the hospital on Friday. I went yesterday and had a much better test. I was only there for an hour and both babies passed. I only had 3 measurable contractions in the hour as well.

4 comments:

kris and ty said...

Yeah! Thats great! Thats my anniversary, as well!

Jeff and Kristin said...

Yeah, thanks for the info. That date will work really well for me because that is my day off that week. (Thanks for thinking of me!) So, you had better keep those sweet little babies in your cute little belly until the 29th. I can't wait to meet my new little nieces!

McKenzie Johnson said...

Hang in there Kim!!!

Lindasue said...

That is all great news! Best case scenario all the way around it sounds like.