Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby Update

The twins have been home for a week now. They will be 3 weeks old this coming Saturday (7/25). Ryan and I took them to the doctor again this morning for weight and oxygen checks. They both have gained 7 ozs. Remie is 4lbs 14 ounces and Hallie is 4lbs 10 ounces. YEAH! We have also been feeding them (or should I say...trying to feed them) every 3 hours. The doctor said we could eliminate one of the nighttime feedings. That was so wonderful to hear. It is getting harder to get up at night. Ryan and I both slept through one of the feedings last night. We also get to go off of the oxygen. We are keeping it around just in case we need it. It is so wonderful to be able to move around the house with them and not have to worry about oxygen tubing. Hopefully we can keep gaining weight and eating good.

5 comments:

Deb said...

What a blessing that your little angels are doing so well! Amazing that your babies let you sleep through a feeding!

I'm glad you keep updating so I know what's going on in your world :) Let me know if you need anything.

JeNnA said...

How great that they are doing do well. from 2 to 4... you are defintely chosen parents to do so! I am glad that thing are going so well... exceot for the lack of sleep ;)

Josi said...

Sounds like they are doing great! That is good to hear. They are adorable.

Erin said...

Yippee! Sleep is wonderful isn't it! Even if it's just an extra hour or two. I'm so excited that you are possibly done with oxygen. That's a huge step. I'm sure you don't feel like it but I think your doing a great job!

Morgan said...

CONGRATS AGAIN! I HOPE TO SEE THEM SOMEDAY! Hang in there-you get used to having little sleep. I'm happy for you guys and hope all is well with the little angels!