Saturday, July 11, 2009

Together Again at 1 Week Old

They are 1 Week Old today. I can't even believe it. They have done so well...it is almost to good to be true. When Ryan went in this morning this is what he found. They are officially sleeping in the same bed. Can you tell them apart?

It's a good thing they have the bed labeled. For me the anxiety of not being able to tell them apart hit when I went in today. Before they were on seperate sides of the room...it was easy. Now what happens when we get them mixed up?
Yesterday they took the IV's out so today we were able to bring Rylie and Sydnie back to see them again. This is only the 2nd time the big girls have seen them. It is driving them crazy that they can't hold them. Rylie said this morning that she just wanted to hold their hands...that was it. I told her she will be able to hold them all she wants when they get home. Sydnie didn't want to see the babies this morning...so Ryan got a picture of her being a turd! It is so nap time.

Hallie

Remie

Hallie after eating her lunch.

Remie after eating her lunch.
They have increased their feedings to 35ml...just a little over an ounce, every 3 hours. I have also discovered that Remie has a little red spot on the inside of her right eye lid. Almost like a little birth mark...I don't know if it will stay, but for now I will use it. Hallie doesn't have one. Remie is also a little fuller in her face...maybe that is what 1/2 lb will do to you.


The doctor says that they both have a heart murmur. We knew Remie did, but as of yesterday they both do. I know they have been watching Remie but they will be doing an ultrasound on Monday on both girls. My understanding is that it is pretty common for preemies, hopefully they will be okay without any major problems. Overall it has been a very positive week...I hope it only continues.

7 comments:

Cally said...

They are so cute!

jhjonze said...

They are beautiful! Congrats!

Lindasue said...

Awesome!
Hope you have another good week!

Wendi Coombs said...

Hi Kim! The babies look wonderful! It is so important to celebrate every little tiny milestone. You will have them home in no time. Then the fun really begins! I'm thinking of you!
Wendi

Deb said...

It's so fun to see your posts!
Harrison has a heart murmur- just thought I would share.
I'm glad everything is going well.

Erin said...

I think it is so sweet that they get to be in the same bed. What cuties!!

Godfreys said...

Ryan and Kim---Congrats!!!! They are adorable and I bet your hands are full! I am glad they are doing so great.
Kirsten