This is Remie after getting her back to the room.
Later that night, I was able to bath both of the babies. They handled it a lot better then I thought they would. We tried to take some pictures of the event, but they didn't turn out real well....too much wiggling going on. Grandma Shirley stayed in town on Tuesday afternoon and was able to be there when I gave Hallie a bath. She then got to feed Hallie. When we were getting ready to bath Remie, my mom came in...So both Grandma's got to feed them. I think both Grandma's need to move to our house for the next couple of months!! Both babies had gained about an ounce. Which is wonderful!
Grandma Shirley with Hallie - after her bath.
Grandma Joy with Remie - after her bath.
As of last night 7/8/09 - They both were eating 20 mL of milk - which is almost an ounce I think - from the bottle. Yesterday, when I got there at noon, they had taken the feeding tubes out. And as they increase the amount they are eating from the bottle, they are decreasing the amount of fluids they are getting from their IV's. The nurse yesterday, said that hopefully they could take the IV's out in the next couple of days. Both babies love to eat. We kid around they are little piggies. They are just taking things very slow and making sure they are still breathing while they eat and maintaining their heart rates after they eat. Last night while I was there, they were weighed again. Hallie was 3lbs 15 ounces - two ounces away from her birth weight - YEAH! and Remie was 4lbs 4ounces - 3 ounces away from her birth weight. Hopefully they keep making great progress!
We are not sure when they will be able to come home. I talked to the nurse yesterday and she said that they have to off the IV's and things for 48 hours. They also have to be eating and gaining weight. She did say that they have sent babies home with oxygen, so if that is the only thing keeping them there, they would send them home. We just hope they keep making great progress and can come home sooner then later.

2 comments:
Look at you! You are going to be a medical pro any day now! Talking about Mls and ozs and stuff. Shoot soon your going to sound like me! J/K I hope you never sound like me. It's to much to think about all the time. The girls are adorable! You look awesome! I was at the hospital last night for a parents of kids with disabilities support group meeting. (Say that three times fast!) I thought about stopping by to see if you were up there but wasn't sure if that was ok or not. I hope they come home soon. I'm super impressed that they are already almost back to their birth weight. That's fast for twins. Hang in there.
Oh Kim they are beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys. I can't believe you are able to post all this info on your blog you are AMAZING.
Post a Comment