Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Milestones!

We just got back from another trip to the doctor for weight and oxygen checks. We have officially hit the 5lb mark. Hallie is 5lbs 0.5oz. Remie is 5lbs 4.5oz. They both gained 6 ounces this week. It is really sad when you are so excited when they gain ounces! They also checked oxygen levels today. They are at the same levels that they were last week. So we get to leave the oxygen off. I guess we can continue using the oxygen bottles for coat racks! The doctor doesn't want us to get rid of them quite yet. We are also eating 2 ounces now. I was just thinking the other day that when they started eating, they were only eating a teaspoon of milk, fed to them through a syringe...now we are up to 2 full ounces.

Sleeping at night still sucks! They do really well until we wake them up to feed them. Then, generally, Hallie does not want to settle down to go back to sleep or they end up with the hic-ups. I have ended up with Hallie back in our room the last 3 nights, just so I don't have to keep getting up to put the binky in her mouth. Hopefully nights will start getting better with them eating more. If anyone has any great ideas for baby hic-ups...send them our way!!

I will also try to get some more pictures taken. I haven't been very good at that lately...maybe I will blame it on the lack of sleep.

2 comments:

Hollie Crockett said...

Kim I am so glad that your babies are doing so good!! It is fun to hear updates about them!! I started a blog. Finally!!

Lindasue said...

That is good news, all except the lack of sleep. Hope you are getting in some naps. Can't wait to see them again!