Wednesday was the big day for the Graduation programs. Sydnie has been able to attend Riverside Preschool with me in the mornings. She has been in Miss Roz's class this year and has enjoyed it very much!! For the program this year we sang the "Tooty-Tah" song. This is Sydnie singing it.


This is Sydnie with Miss Roz getting her award. She actually has one more year at the preschool before she goes to Kindergarten, but each student participates in the graduation program. Sydnie's award this year was "Most Improved Handwriting!" We are very proud of her.

Later in the afternoon we had Rylie's Kindergarten Graduation. She was very excited for it as well. They sang a few songs that they have been working on all year and we watched a slide show of them throughout the year. This is her whole class. Rylie attended Miss Jones' PM Class.


This is Rylie getting her Kindergarten Diploma and a certificate of advancement to the 1st grade. I hope Rylie is able to stay as excited about school as she has been this year. We are also very proud of her.

Rylie with Miss Jones.

The day ended with me having to go back to my own class to help tear things down and pack up. The next school year comes with me starting a new job at the preschool. I have been teaching full time for the last 8 years and I have been working with some wonderful aides throughout those years. Two of which have been with me for 6 & 7 years. Next year I have been asked to teach part time and be the Preschool Coordinator the other half. I have had very mixed emotions....maybe I can blame that on being pregnant. I am very excited about the new challenges that will come with becoming the coordinator but I am very sad about having to say good-bye to some very good friends. It really isn't saying good-bye, we will just be working in different classrooms. Fortunately the building that we work in is small and we will still see each other, just not as much as we have over the years. I am very glad they have both decided to stay and work at the preschool. I think it would have been a lot worse had they decided to quit!!
This past year I have also been able to work with two other wonderful women that have worked part time in my room. Both of them started within the past year. It has been a lot of fun getting to know them better. I am excited and very, very grateful that they are willing to change classrooms with me. And that I will be able to work with them next year. I have depended sooo much on my aides...especially with being pregnant. They all have been AWESOME!
Thank you!! Thank You!! Jody, Vickie, Hollie, & Cally
With all of the changes going on, our current Preschool Coordinator, Marci, is also moving her office to the District Office to be over all of the Special Education Department. I am so excited for her and am so grateful that she is the one taking over in that position! But yet again, it is like saying good-bye to a good friend. I know it's not...but we won't get to see her as often as we have. The only thing that makes me feel better about her going, is that in my new position, I will still be able to see and talk to her, but it still sucks! I guess it all boils down to the fact that I HATE CHANGE! You just get comfortable with how things are going and BAM everything changes. I guess what I should learn from all of this is...don't get too comfortable!
I am very proud of my girls for all of their accomplishments this year and I am looking forward to what the rest of the summer has in store. One thing is for sure...we will definitely have LOTS of changes in the upcoming months!!

3 comments:
That is all very exciting news, Congratulations! Good luck to ya in all your many new adventures.
hey congrats on the new job! that will be busy! things have sure changed since i was there. is anyone the same? is kelly still teaching also?
You are an amazing woman, you will do great with all the changes coming up. My Liam loves you so much, and I am just grateful that he has been able to be in your class, hopefully next year too!
Post a Comment